Latest Covid-19 Update--Learning from home
1. Put your health and your family first.
2. You are expected to login to your google classrooms each day as per your timetable.
3. Check your college emails at least once a day and reply if necessary.
4. We will use one consistent platform (Google Classrooms) for sharing learning activities
5. We will use one consistent platform for scheduled meetings (Google Zoom see Appendix1).
6. Continue with your assessment work as much as possible. Please don’t stress about NCEA -
we will be responsive to your needs as a learner.
7. Remember teachers will be with their families as well so know they will respond to your emails
and give feedback as they can.
● Teachers will upload tasks/lessons for the day by 9.30am. Make sure that you check the
classes that you would have that day.
● Teachers will be providing good learning opportunities, engaging activities and work of value,
so please try and complete all learning activities provided.
● Following the sequence of your regular timetable, subject teachers will be available for 30
minutes on Zoom for support; P1 = 10.00am, P2 = 11.00am and P3 = 12.00pm.
● There will be a scheduled meeting twice per week via Zoom, your whanau teacher will be
inviting small groups to check in at these times. Please monitor your emails and take these
● This will occur between 1.00-2.00pm on Monday and Friday.
● First point of call → contact your whanau teacher via scheduled Zoom times.
● Concerned about your specialist subject → contact your subject teacher via scheduled Zoom
● Personal concerns about progress or achievement → contact your whanau teacher or subject
teacher via email
● Concerned about your wellbeing → Contact your Dean via the College website/Contacts
● If you are already working with a guidance counsellor please continue to do so remotely via
email: [email protected]
● Concerned about your Health contact Healthline:
• Coronavirus related 0800 358 5453
• General Health related 0800 611 116