UNIFORM REVIEW - UPDATES TO UNIFORM REGULATIONS
(To be implemented from the beginning of the 2023 school year)
STUDENT GUIDE AMENDMENTS - pg 5-8
The Board of Trustees has decided that we are a uniformed school. Students are expected to be in full school uniform travelling to, from and at school.
There is no specific summer or winter uniform. Any combination of regulation uniform may be worn at any time of the year. Each item is expected to be in neat and tidy condition. All clothing must be carefully and durably marked with the owner’s name. Non uniform items will be confiscated and returned to the student at the end of the day. The school will respond appropriately when grooming and dress are unsatisfactory.
- Skirts are to be worn on the waist; the top of the skirt is not to be rolled. The bottom of the skirt is to sit no shorter than mid-thigh. The back of the skirt is to fall freely and it is not to hug the bottom and the side pocket zip should open with ease.
- The legs on the shorts are not to be rolled.
HATS and SCARVES
- Only the official college beanie, cap and school scarf may be worn to or from the school.
- A plain black weatherproof, puffer or rain jacket is permissible. It should not have stripes, markings, emblems or logos.
- These jackets are permitted to be worn during all school terms but must be removed in class at the request of the teacher, according to health and safety requirements.
- Are not a jacket or part of the everyday school uniform so cannot be worn during the normal school day.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION UNIFORM
- Years 9 and 10 must wear school regulation PE uniform (TNT PE top and own black shorts) and non-marking sports shoes.
- Years 11 – 13 may wear suitable sports clothing. (No part of the school uniform is to be worn for practical activities.)
- A watch, ear studs and one other piece of jewellery may be worn. No facial piercings allowed, with the exception of one small nose stud. Nose rings are not permitted.
- Students are expected to be well groomed. Facial hair is permitted but must be well groomed and tidy. Makeup must be natural, no extremes.
- Nail polish and fake nails are to be natural/neutral, but must fit within the health and safety guidelines of the subject. No restrictions on hair colour but the Board reserve the right to review this.
- Shoes must be any completely black lace up shoes - either plain black trainers or black leather shoes. No coloured sections, including trim, laces, or logo.
- Slip-on black leather business style shoes are permitted.
- The shoes must be worn with regulation socks/pantyhose.
- Black leather sandals (worn without socks/pantyhose) with a heel strap are permitted.
- No CROCS, jandals, slides/scuffs, slippers or high-top boots
- Socks must be plain black or white, or the grey school socks available for purchase online. Pantyhose can be black or natural colour.
If you are unsure, please contact the school office for clarification.
UNIFORM PURCHASES ONLINE
Uniform can be purchased online through the website. Go to the website www.taupocollege.ac.nz, click School Shop icon on left hand side to be redirected to Argyle Online. The school office will continue to have a stock of socks, ties, hats and scarves.
You can find more information on www.argyleonline.co.nz/faqs
Need further assistance? Live chat with Argyle’s customer services team online or contact them by phone or email
0800 110 059 [email protected]