There are eight Cornerstone Values in total and every term we focus on one of these values. The eight values are: Honesty and Truthfulness, Kindness, Duty, Compassion, Responsibility, Consideration and Concern for Others, Respect and Obedience.
The Cornerstone Value for Term 3 is Respect which is defined as:
“Willingness to be kind, thoughtful and consider the interests of others before self.”
- Treat everyone you meet as if they were the most important person in the world.
- Make the most of yourself for that is all there is of you.
- Respectful behaviour is the oil that keeps a class working well.
- If you want to be respected, you must respect yourself.
- Treat others the way you would want to be treated.
- Respect the right to be listened to, learn and be safe in our classrooms.
As a parent you can be proud that your child is part of a Cornerstone Values school and we appreciate the support you give from home in emphasising these values.
If you are new to the school you will notice that the college is proud of its Cornerstone Values accreditation and displays the Cornerstone Values logo prominently.