Friday 23 February 2024
Weather – If it rains, we may have to postpone. We will make an announcement on Thursday afternoon and post on the school Facebook page.
How Colours Day works - Each house is divided into four groups (2 boys groups and 2 girls groups mixed year levels). Each group will have a teacher and a house captain in charge. You will find out your group at HOUSE MEETINGS on Colours Day.
You MUST stay in your group all day – leaving your group will result in points deducted from your house.
All students will move around 8 events - shot put, discus, javelin, high jump, long jump, triple jump, 100m sprint, and novelty events.
You and your group will spend 25 minutes at each event attempting to do two things:
- earning points for your house (1 point for ‘effort’ and 2 points for qualifying)
- qualify for an event for Finals Day
The 25 minutes includes making your way to your next event. The faster you get there, the more time you will have to collect points for your House.
What you need
- Appropriate clothing for competing (HOUSE COLOURS/THEME) and being in the sun all day
- NO FACE OR BODY PAINT IS ALLOWED
- Bring a hat, water bottle, sunblock and lunch (there is no Interval). There will be a drink station available to refill water bottles. There is a lack of shade on the lower field. Take your drink and food to the field. YOU ARE ADVISED TO LEAVE VALUABLES AT HOME.
8:50am House meetings where you will be divided into groups, spoken to by your house leaders. Meet at the following area for your house:
Ngauruhoe - Wharekai Ruapehu - Gym
Tongariro- Hall Tauhara - Te Ao Marama
9:00am Ngauruhoe to start parade to bottom field followed by Tauhara, Ruapehu, Tongariro (Order decided by draw at Year 13 camp)
9:50am First round of events begin
1:20pm Afternoon events
3:10pm All events finish
Long Distance track events – These races will be held the week prior during lunchtime.
800m - Thursday 15th February
1500m – Friday 16th February
- CANTEEN will be open at lunchtime ONLY. Bring your lunch, No “LUNCH PASS”.
- MR WHIPPY will be here at lunchtime to purchase an ice cream
- ALL BLOCKS will be locked during the day, so you will not have access to your locker or any gear left in Whanau rooms except lunch time when they will be open for half an hour ONLY
- TOILETS – the Baytrust toilets will be available during the day