International Student Brochure
Taupo-Nui-a-Tia College has a great deal to offer students from throughout the world
Taupo-nui-a-Tia College has successfully hosted international students from many different nationalities and we are working in accordance with the NZ Code of Practise.
As part of ODENZ we are prepared to give you excellent Outdoor Education options.
Our connection with Taupo Language School gives you the opportunity to come well prepared for college if you need help with your english language.
Our vibrant school with approximately 1000 students will offer you the perfect KIWI experience
Taupo - Centrally located in the North Island, 45 minutes flight from Auckland or 3 hours drive south of Auckland
We are one of New Zealand's top tourist destinations situated on the southern hemisphere's largest fresh water lake. Close to the north islands two ski fields and Tongariro National Park, Taupo caters for students who love the outdoors and the environment. Take a look at Great Lake Taupo
Taupo-nui-a-Tia College has over 30 subjects to choose from for your academic programme. These include outdoor education and leadership, sciences, ESOL, English, drama, dance, engineering, hospitality, design. Take a look at our course books for more detailed information
Taupo-nui-a-Tia College offers lots of opportunities to get involved and make new friends. There are lots of school sports teams, school drama and dance productions, school trips and visits
Special excursions for international students
We realise how important it is for students to discover and experience New Zealand so we offer a variety of trips (depending on student numbers) so you can see more of our beautiful country.
- With the outdoor education programme students can experience sea kayaking, skiing, mountain biking, hiking and rock climbing
- 4 day Surf Camp at a stunning east coast beach
- PADI open water dive course
- With the tourism course, students visit the best tourist spots in Taupo and Rotorua
We arrange homestay families who will help you enjoy living in Taupo. According to the Code of Practise all families are police checked and you are placed with a family with similar interests to you. You can expect to make life long friendships!
Sport and club activities
Our students achieve national and international success in many sports and cultural activities. Taupo can offer you a wide range of sports
- Equestrian club - Horse riding is very popular in Taupo
- Triathlon - Former world champ Sam Warriner (Sweat 7) lives in Taupo and you can join clubs that will improve your performance. Taupo Harriers Taupo Swimming Club , Taupo Cycling Club
- The Taupo district is fanastic for mountain biking, you can join the Taupo Mountain Bike Club or just go biking with friends along the many custom made tracks in the forest
- Football, rugby, hockey, basketball, netball is available through the school or at club level during terms 2 & 3 (April to September)
- We live on a fantastic lake so sailing, kayaking, fishing, waterskiing, rowing and hoe waka is available
Arts, Music, Drama & Dance
Taupo-nui-a-Tia College is well known for the quality of its school productions and concerts. Students can choose drama, dance, maori performance and music as an academic subject and get involved in many performance opportunities. The school has a dance academy and there are local dance studios for further tuition
International Student Fees 31 July 2016 to 30 June 2017
1 Term $5800
2 Terms $8700
3 Terms $11 600
Full year $14 500
Tuition Fees, Uniform (except shoes), Use of text books
Goods and Services Tax - GST
Prices do not include:
Host family costs and associated administration fees, insurance, stationery, subject material charges, write on workbooks, examination fees, Outdoor Education and other field trips. Instrument hire and private tuition, Airport transfer, administration Fee: $500 per application
Insurance NZ$550 per year approximately
Homestay Fee $230 per week
Director of International Students
122 Spa Road
P O Box 549
|Application for enrolment|